Straw Hat #2
A couple of years ago I made Constance a Jane Austen Era outfit, and wearing it, she a had a delightful Regency Afternoon Tea with Patience and Zipporah (Click here for a link to that post). To complete Constance’s outfit I made a cloth-covered straw bonnet – unfortunately, while the bonnet looked great, it didn’t fit her.
I have been promising her a new bonnet ever since, and the straw hat disassembly project is the perfect opportunity to make good on that promise. Below you will see the I made way her new bonnet, with illustrations of the process. You might notice that I give no measurements – this is because Hitty heads vary greatly in size, and if you want to try this you will need to use your own intended Hitty recipient as a model!
The pictures are arranged in order and form a gallery. You can click on any of the pictures, and then navigate back and forward using the arrows at the right or left edge of the picture… you can get out of the gallery by hitting the escape key, or clicking on the little “X” off in the top left hand corner.
Constance is very happy with her complete Regency style outfit, especially her new bonnet…
…and her old bonnet has a new owner with just the right sized head!