After the weavings came off the loom, there was a bit of repair and finishing to do…sometimes you can’t see the errors until the cloth comes off and the other side is visible. This error occurred when one of the top lamms split during weaving, and I didn’t notice right away. Luckily I could temporarily fix the Lamm with an elastic band, and the error is repairable after the fact with a bodkin and extra length of the right warp.
Today we are experiencing the third of three storms this week. Everything is wet and very windy outside. Not surprisingly, the Quimper Hitty human has been a bit under the weather. However, with the help of the favourite photographer of the family, Constance and I have managed to get a very old collapsible four-harness countermarche loom fired up and ready to weave.
Amelia is finished! She went walking around Victoria with me, to try and identify her special tree – her wood blank was labeled Sycamore, and I had never knowingly seen one. It turns out though that I have, only in our part of the world it is called a plane tree!